sábado, 18 de junio de 2016

M7S3 What happened?

The story I am about to share with you, happened thirty six years ago.

 My mom told me that when I was about to turn four years old, I had one wish. In her story she said, I would tell every single person about this wish, it did not matter who it was, my neighbors, my uncles, my grandparents, or my siblings, I just wanted everyone to know that I wanted a tier cake for my birthday. It was that simple to me, a tier cake the color or decorations mattered. Unfortunately, my mother broke the bad news. She told me that it wasn’t going to happen because it would be too much cake and that a smaller cake was a much better option.
 Apparently, I didn’t give up easily. I pestered her every day and I didn’t allow her to kill my dream about this tier cake, regardless of how many times she shut it down.Time came for her to start my fourth birthday party preparations.She maintained all the details related to my birthday party a secret. The one thing that was a total secret was that she had ordered this tier cake. It was not a simple cake either, it was a clown themed three tier cake. During that era, clown theme cakes was very popular and she really wanted to surprise me with this type of cake. She invited the whole family and our neighbors to my birthday party to witness her amazing surprise.
The day came and she said that I was not a bit interested in what was going on; all I was concerned with, was playing. The guest started to show up and I still was not a bit interested. Once the cake was brought out, my mother said that my face projected my happiness and utter joy. My happiness and gratitude was so immense that all the guest were infected with my same emotions. As soon as those candles were placed on the cake, I ran to the chair nearest to the cake so that I could be ready to blow them out.
I do not recall this day at all, but my mom enjoyed telling me this story. Now, I find telling this story to my daughter, as a form of nostalg


 La pequeña historia que les relatare paso hace 36 años.

Mi madre me conto que cuando yo iba a cumplir 4 años siempre le repetía lo mismo, y a cada persona que llegaba a casa de visita se lo comentaba ya fuera un tío, un primo, mis abuelos, mis vecinos, mis hermanos  y lo que tanto yo repetía era que deseaba para mi próximo cumpleaños era un pastel de pisos solo así un pastel de pisos, que no me importaba cual fuera su decoración solo de pisos y me cuenta mi madre que ella me decía que no porque era mucho pastel que para que tanto que un pastel chico era suficiente.
Cuenta mi madre que al pasar de los días yo seguía comentando lo mismo que deseaba mi pastel de pisos que aun con lo que ella me decía que con un pastel chico era más que suficiente yo no me desanimaba y seguía pidiéndolo y deseándolo demasiado, y de tal manera mi madre comenzó con los preparativos de mi cuarto cumpleaños  que sería muy pronto y mando a preparar un pastel de tres pisos con decoración de payasos que en esos años eran la sensación e invito a toda la familia y vecinos para darme la sorpresa de mi pastel de pisos que tanto desecaba.
Mi madre todo lo mantuvo en secreto para mí, ya que por la edad que tenía todo era un juego para mí pero al llegar el día de mi cumpleaños comenzaron a llegar los invitados y yo solo jugaba pero al momento que sacaron el pastel de tres pisos fue una gran sorpresa para mi cuenta mi madre, dijo que fue tal la sorpresa y alegría que refleje que a todos los contagie de mi alegría por haber recibido mi pastel de pisos como yo lo nombraba y que rápidamente me subí a la silla del comedor para ver mejor el pasten y poder apagar mis cuatro  velitas del pastel.

En realidad yo no recuerdo nada es la historia que mi madre me ha relatado y ahora en ocasiones se la relato a mi hija. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario